Monday, December 26, 2016

Mysteries and Madness - Down the Film Theory Rabbithole with THE SHINING (1980)

Stanley Kubrick's film version of THE SHINING is one of the most analyzed or over-analyzed horror films of all time. This shouldn't shock anyone as all of Kubrick's get this kind of obsessively detailed study, but the incredible number of fascinating and sometimes kooky theories are endlessly fascinating to me. If you share my love of this kind of deep overthinking about this film here are a couple of recent pieces I've checked out on YouTube.










1 comment:

James Lewis said...

These are great. There is another Shining theory that Collative Learning put out. It is about the impossible geometry of the Overlook, and I think it is excellent. I think it makes The Shining even creepier.